Internet: A Knowledge Odyssey
This is the cover of the "Internet: A Knowledge Odyssey" -
Business Edition. It is a complete educational and reference product for new and
experienced users of the Internet. I am the "Subject Matter Expert" (aka Author)
for this title, and several other editions (ie. Home Edition, Business Edition)
This CD is unlike anything else you've seen before. It was created with a proprietary
authoring system developed by MindQ Publishing. A
combination of animations, audio, video, and extensive hyperlinks and hotspots make
this CD a true educational resource. It would take you over 20 hours to explore every
nook and cranny of this CD.
|My favorite features include:
- Nested Information: Almost everything is "live". You can browse the CD at a
high level of detail and easily click your way deeper into any topic that interests you.
- Glossary words (very extensive) are hi-lighted throughout the CD
- Active URLs: Clicking on a URL launches the appropriate Internet client and takes you
onto the 'net.
- Comments: Create your own "Post-it" notes throughout the CD
- Occasional Video Clips of Vint Cerf add a unique perspective
Now I may be biased in my opinion of this product, but I have trained
several thousand users in my Internet classes, and I know that this CD is unique
and valuable. CD-ROM Today Magazine awarded the CD their Critic's Choice Award
as one of the top-rated CD-ROMs !
|Custom Versions for your organization...
MindQ has customized the CD-ROM for many different partners and distribution channels.
For example, look at the benefits of this CD-ROM for an ISP:
- The CD can contain the ISP's complete Internet software suite
- The CD can contain information about the ISP (Marketing PR, video of the CEO, Backbone
map, FAQ's, tech support info, links to the ISP's web pages, acceptable use policy, etc)
- The continued growth of the Internet (an ISP's future customer base) will be to new
users who are totally unfamiliar with the Internet. The amount of
"hand-holding" required by these new customers can easily consume an ISP's tech
support resources and drive up the costs of an ISP. Since the CD is a self-contained
tutorial, many customers can use the CD to answer their own questions before they call-in
to an ISP's over-burdened tech-support line. If the CD eliminates just 1-2 tech support
calls, the CD-ROM tutorial has paid for itself.
- The CD covers all aspects of Netiquette - this should make your new customer's
experiences more enjoyable. (How many complaints does an ISP receive because their users
are unknowingly violating Netiquette rules?)
- If a new Internet user becomes frustrated and unsuccessful in getting any value from the
Internet, they will cancel their connection. An educated, net-savvy customer, will become
addicted to the Internet and absolutely require your services (or even need to
upgrade to additional service levels ;-)
The CD-ROM could also be customized for government agencies, corporations, membership
organizations, etc. Feel free to contact me, if you would like to brainstorm on the
potential uses/benefits of the CD-ROM for your organization. Individuals interested in
purchasing this CD-ROM can visit MindQ Publishing